Snow clearing starts within 18 hours, or sooner, of a major winter weather event. The clearing is completed and done in the following order:
- Areas 1, 2, and 3 are completed as soon as it is safe to do so;
- Areas 4 and 5 are typically done with 2 passes per road until going back for trimming out to the curb;
- Trouble areas are subject to change due to snow load and wind;
- Trouble areas and priority determined by foreman;
- Snow clearing ceases when visibility and/or proximity to person(s) or property becomes unsafe; and
- Grader clears Park Ave. when possible, preferably.
Your cooperation is appreciated in removing vehicles from municipal roads during snow-clearing operations.
Street sweeping operations are performed as needed, typically at least twice during the spring and fall.
Major maintenance of town streets occurs annually. Each year, staff identify large portions of town streets that require the most work and use the approved budget to repair streets. Spot treatment (i.e. filling potholes) is done as needed. Regular road maintenance, including mowing, is done as required throughout town.