The board member’s responsibilities include advising on strategic plans, participating in evaluations, and monitoring its financial affairs.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Learning the organization’s mission, programs, policies, and needs.
- Preparing for meetings by reviewing the agenda and supporting documentation.
- Regularly attend monthly board meetings, annual meetings and special meetings as Chairperson calls.
- Keeping up with issues and trends that affect the organization.
- Ensuring the organization complies with legal requirements.
- Reporting back to the R.M. of Caledonia Council any reports and communication.
- Maintaining confidentiality in all internal organizational affairs.
- Chance to volunteer and be involved in other tasks and areas of interest.
- Supporting and Advising the manager in their duties.
- Previous board experience and leadership preferred.
- Previous business and financial knowledge and experience.
- Sufficient time availability for board duties.
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
- Must be interested in the Manor and the services it supplies to seniors in our community.
- Per diem and mileage provided
If you have any questions, please get in touch with the R.M. of Caledonia office at (306) 436-2050. If interested, please email Stephen Schury at [email protected].