Waste and Recycling
2019 Yearly Hours
Effective January 4, 2019 the Milestone Landfill will be opened and supervised on the following days and times, but may be subject to future change with notification:
NUISANCE GROUNDS HOURS OF OPERATION
(Weather permitting and excluding Statutory Holidays)
Wednesdays: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Saturdays: 8:00 am to 10:00 am
Town of Milestone Landfill fees:
- Residents and ratepayers of the Town of Milestone and RM 99 – no charge
- Non Residents are subject to the following fees:
- Half ton loads or equivalent – $20
- Larger loads (subject to supervisor discretion – $100)
Effective January 1, 2018:
Grain Bags – FREE! *GRAIN BAG RECYCLING NOTE: THEY MUST BE CLEANED AND ROLLED OR THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED OFF THE TRUCK. WE ONLY ACCEPT GRAIN BAGS WEDNESDAY MORNINGS! We are currently collecting bags.
Garbage Pick-Up & Disposal Policy
The following garbage pick-up and disposal policy is in effect. Garbage pickup is on the street. (Weather Permitting). If the garbage is unable to be collected on its regular day because of weather or any other reason, the Loraas crew will try to pick it up at the earliest possible date.
DOMESTIC HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE (FRIDAY PICK-UP) – EVERY SECOND Friday Morning Starting January 25, 2019. It must be bagged and in the Loraas bin and set out in the front on the Street for pickup by 7:00 am. If it cannot fit in the bin it must wait till the next week. The cart must not be blocked and must be accessible to the truck. If there are cars parked on the street it must be out far enough for the truck to get at it.
CURBSIDE RECYCLING (FRIDAY PICK UP ONLY) – EVERY SECOND Friday Morning Starting February 1, 2019. It must set out in the front on the Street for pickup by 7:00 am. If it cannot fit in the bin it must wait till the next week. The cart must not be blocked and must be accessible to the truck. If there are cars parked on the street it must be out far enough for the truck to get at it.
Paper & Cardboard
- Flattened corrugated cardboard and paperboard (empty cereal boxes, empty detergent boxes, empty tissue boxes)
- Newspaper, flyers, inserts, junk mail, and envelopes
- Magazines, catalogues, telephone books, paperback books,hardcover books with covers and spine removed
- Brown paper bags, tissue roll cores, gift and packing paper, paper egg cartons
- Copier paper, NCR (no carbon required) paper
Aluminum & Tin
- Soft drink and beer cans
- Foil trays and pie plates
- Household tin cans (please rinse)
- Containers with logo 2-7
- Plastic drink bottles
- Aseptic Packaging & Cartons
- Juice and milk cartons, milk jugs, tetra-pak containers, pouches
Clean Glass bottles and jars
#1 Plastic is No Longer Accepted!
- Household garbage, organics, or hazardous waste
- Waxed, plasticized or food contaminated paper, cardboard cups or plastic plates
- Soiled tissues, napkins and paper towels
- Confetti shredded paper
- Styrofoam or other foam packing materials
- Auto parts or batteries
If you require, we will provide our 3 ton truck, upon request, for those residents requiring larger compost pickups. You can reserve the truck for the date you require and Public Works employees will deliver and pick up the loaded truck when you are done.
Community Living Donation Bin
Community Living Donation BIn is here! Hoff Insurance and Teeger Plumbing and Heating have agreed to let the bin sit outside their place of business. If the bin is full DO NOT leave bags outside of bin. The bin will be emptied every 2 weeks. I will post the pick up schedule once I recieve it.
Pick up will every second Wednesday Starting December 20, 2017.
Please follow the link for a full list of what’s allowed to be donated. http://www.theyellowbin.com/items-we-accept/
Diabetes Donation Bin
Located in the parking lot of Mary’s Place
Link to website: https://declutter.diabetes.ca/what-you-can-leave-in-a-donation-bin
Leave your textiles in one of the over 4,000 donation bins across the country. To donate any other items, please schedule a pickup.
Accessories and bags
Clothing (all types)
General household textiles (towels, blankets, sheets)
Shoes and boots
ELECTRONICS & SPORTS EQUIPMENT
ORGANIC & HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
ANY OTHER TEXTILE ITEMS THAT DO NOT FIT INSIDE BIN